- This event has passed.
Managing and Forecasting Labor Costs
January 24 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
This program is a must for all management staff who must understand the impact of labor costs on the success of a project. This 4-hour workshop will equip participants with the tools, techniques and guidelines to manage and forecast a contractor’s biggest risk on every project: LABOR! Subject matter includes estimating techniques, break down strategies, early warning signs (how to find and how to manage), the importance of charging time accurately, change order incorporation into labor forecasts and post-mortems.
Presenter: Troy Aichele, Aichele & Associates, LLC
Attendees of this program will learn:
- Create useful job cost breakdowns and time cards
- Analyze the labor portion of job cost reports
- Incorporate executed, unexecuted, performed and proposed change orders into project labor forecasts
- Identify early red flags indicating future labor overruns
- Use best practices for accurate labor percentage updates
- Forecast labor necessary to complete the project vs. hours and cash remaining
- Use post-mortem project labor data
- Analyzing a 50% complete job cost report to determine accuracy and predict a labor budget.
- Using the job cost report, students will also be asked to recalculate labor costs based on a change order proposal log.
- Students will break down an estimating package for labor job cost tracking.
Please register no later than Tuesday, January 16, 2018!