- This event has passed.
SMACNA Supervisor Training Academy
March 19 - March 21
March 19-21, 2018
St. Louis, Missouri
There’s no question that contractors who provide employee education and training reap the rewards of their investment. Developed for both new supervisors and those with several years experience, this program will put you on the right track to success in the field.
* Recommended for HVAC/sheet metal foremen, shop foremen, superintendents and other critical managers.
• The attributes of a successful sheet metal supervisor
• The eight core values of a successful supervisor
• How to implement a time management system
• How to improve internal company communication
• The importance of documentation and follow-up
• How to develop a mentoring and coaching plan
• How to properly delegate and hold workers accountable
• How to manage conflict
• Tactics for job planning and project management
• How to motivate workers
About the Instructors
Kevin Dougherty has been speaking to the construction industry over the last 20 years. Kevin’s work and education experience enables him to relate to today’s problems and provides tangible solutions in an easy-to-listen style. His client base ranges from family-owned businesses to corporate conglomerates. In addition to speaking and writing articles, Kevin has served as sales manager and corporate trainer for a multi-million dollar mechanical contractor.
Stephane McShane is a Senior Consultant at Maxim Consulting Group responsible for the evaluation and implementation processes with their clients. Stephane works with construction firms of all sizes to evaluate business practices and assist with management challenges. Her areas of expertise include leadership development, organizational assessments, strategic planning, project execution, business development, productivity improvement, and training programs.
Nic Bittle works with contractors that want to prepare and develop their workforce to lead with impact, act like a pro, and perform at their best on a daily basis. He does this through presentations and workshops, and through tools that he has develop designed to support the learning process through a unique information delivery system called D.R.I.P. Information.
The registration fee includes program materials, planned activities, breakfast, lunch and dinner during the program. To reserve your place in the program, submit the online registration form with payment no later than February 2, 2018.
- $1,495 before February 2, 2018
- $1,695 after February 2, 2018
**Additional registrants from the same company will receive a $200 discount which will be applied upon verification of second registrant application.